Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

My speedometer is not working, changed the speed sensor but

My speedometer is not working, changed the speed sensor but still not working.... HELP
1993 isuzu rodeo 4wd
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Does the engine light come on while driving?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
4X4?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Do you need the factory repair chart? The ECM and cluster have the same signal.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what?
You have a wiring problem that needs to be addressed and the speed sensor needs to be tested for a signal. You can do this test with a DVOM. There is scan tool testing on the file I sent you. If you need to test it without let me know.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but did not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged if you do not request a refund by e-mailing [email protected] answer.com . Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you!

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Please remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where do I get a DVOM?
I'm going to put your question back up and see if anybody else has any info on this. Sorry I couldn't help you further. I'm sure someone will be with you shortly. Thanks again for choosing justanswer! JHoop.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thanks

Did you look at the file I sent you?
Is the engine light or abs light on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Check engine light
Ok what's the code number?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
don't know? Did you read my 1st question
Yes I would need the code to pinpoint the issue . Is the ABS light on also?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no the ABS light is not on. If I had the code I think I would be able to pinpoint the issue also.
Do you know how to pull the code?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No.
Here's how let me know what code you get.On Rodeo, Amigo, and Pickup (except 1993-95 models W/3.2L engine), connect the single wire diagnostic leads located behind the left hand kick panel together. On Trooper models to 1991, the single wire diagnostic connectors are located under the center console. On 1992-95 Trooper & 1993-95 Rodeo models W/3.2L engine, connect a jumper wire between data link connector terminals 1 and 3. On 1992-95 Trooper models the data link connector is located behind the lower front of the instrument panel. On 1993-95 Rodeo models W/3.2 engine, the data link is located under the left hand side of the instrument panel. On all models, turn the ignition switch to the On position. At this point, the "Check Engine" light should flash.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what should I count the flashes and that is the code, I use to have a key that did this but I was told it would not work on the isuzu I am going to take it to get the codes where can I get a code chart
Yes count the flashes . Here's the trouble code list . These are the next steps .
ClickHere
Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician