Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2002 oldsmobile intrigue: battery..comes back

I have a 2002 oldsmobile intrigue, occasionally when Im at a stopped brake or am running idle for a minute or so, the car shuts off. The power in the car stays on, it has a new battery. Sometimes when this happens the starter has a little trouble get it back on, but it always comes back on, what could be the problem? Could this be related to a bad temperature sensor? Sometimes when the car has only been on for a minute, the temperature sensor registers about 40% of max. I dont know if thats normal, I got the vehicle recently.
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

I would check the fuel pressure regulator. It is located on the fuel rail. It is round, about a quarter size and has a vacuum line going to it. If the regulator is leaking gas than it can cause this problem. Pull off the vacuum line that goes to the regulator. Be absolutely sure there is no gas in the vacuum line. If there is, the diaphram has ruptured and there is gas entering the engine that is not accounted for and the regulator will need to be replaced!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If this is the issue, how much would it cost to be repaired
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
NOt too much. THe labor is about 2.0 hours or so and the part is cheap. Maybe 250 bucks... give or take a bit.