JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

90 Olds Cutlass Ciera: ignition module..Put a new cam sensor in?

Customer Question

90 Olds Cutlass Ciera 3.3 will not start. There is no spark, ignition module is good. Put a new cam sensor in??? Any ideas???
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Does it have at least 42 lbs of fuel pressure?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it does
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Are there any codes stored in the computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, checked that.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Have you checked for injector pulse?

If you give the engine fuel will it run?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I have not checked pulse, but sprayed starting fluid and it will not fire.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Is the car there with you?

I'm thinking timing chain .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it is in my driveway. I still have no spark???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I check if it is the timing chain without pulling the valve cover??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you still there???
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Still here. Do you have the GM no start charts?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not have the charts, not sure what you are talking about, can you answer my question about the timing chain??
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
A compression check would verify that there is a timing issue.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE and HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but did not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged if you do not request a refund by e-mailing info@just answer.com . Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you!

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Please remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still do not have any spark, I will study the charts and get back to you if I still can't get anywhere.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Did you install the crank sensor correctly with the right air gap?
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
I'm doing a follow up and noticed that you havent replied back or ACCEPT the answer to your question yet. Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. Keep in mind that the experts on this site are compensated for their time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. JHoop
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not accepted answer because I do not know if I got an acceptable answer or will need more help. I do not want to pay for this twice if I have more questions. I work out of town and will not have a chance to try your suggestions throught the chart you sent me till next weekend. That is why I am trying to repair the car---it is my beater car so I can keep the miles off my newer vehicles---it is very frustrating that I can't work on it in the evenings since it is at my house and I am two hours away.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
I will keep your question open. You can get back to me anytime answering any e-mail sent to you related to this question or by logging into your JA account. Thanks again, JHoop