JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

1999 infinity g20: lube..axles and lost about 1 quart..trans dipstick

where is the lube fill for transaxle on 1999 infinity g20 automatic trans,,I changed axles and lost about 1 quart of fluid,, trans dipstick shows full..
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

You may have to remove some things to see it but it is on the the front of the car on the driver side of the transaxle and looks like this.graphic

If you have any more questions or need any diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but did not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged if you do not request a refund by e-mailing [email protected] answer.com . Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you!

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Please remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the pic is the transmission dipstick,,, I can see it no problem and it shows full,,the fluid that came out when I removed is more like gear oil,,,the trans fluid is red and thinner
Was it black and thin in texture?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no not black ,but thicker than trans fluid,,I have not started car since replacing axles, does the trans fluid lube differential ,do I need to just add trans fluid?
Did you disconnect the steering lines?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no just repaced axles , I just lost about a quart of fluid from transaxle it may just be trans fluid,,, I did not disconnect any lines , is the fluid that leaked out when I removed the shafts transmission fluid?
I recommend a trans fluid replacemant. There should be a drain plug to drain the trans on the pan.

Refill with 3.2 quarts of ATF. Check the level after going to reverse to drive without driving the car.

The fluid is dark and burned.

One more service as suggested should give you red fluid .