Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Opel: which cuts..faulty..coil pack,with no difference..immobiliser

Hi,i have a Opel Zaphira 1.8i 2001 vehicle which cuts out after driving for about 15min,as soon as it gets hot.The vehicle transponder has been changed,the agents say the computer box is faulty.So i took it to another workshop,who apparentley changed it,but the problem is still their,they also said they repaired wiring?I have changed the coil pack,with no difference.Do you have any suggestion's what may be causing this problem.I am reluctant to take my car back to the agents,as,after changing my immobiliser/transponder they refused to re-emburse me.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Has the crank sensor been checked very common for this issue?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi,not to my knowledge,would it be inconsistent in its operation.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Yes absolutely in the beginning stages of it's failure yes it would . This I would them check next . They can have there scanner hooked up in the data list screen and see if it's actually malfunctioning . This would be the next step. Hoped this helped . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.