Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I believe I have a slow leak in my rear drivers side tire...seal

Customer Question

I believe I have a slow leak in my rear driver's side tire. I just had the tire replaced and am not looking to have to go back to the shop. Can I use slime product to seal the leak and hold off for a while?
Submitted: 6 years ago via Advance Auto Parts.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 years ago.

Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Depending on how fast and the location of this leak a tire sealant may work for a bit but it is always recommended to have a tire shop inspect and repair the leak as you dont want a complete blow out while driving this vehicle.I wouldnt drive this with a sealant in it for more then a day or two.

I hope this information has helped,if you need anything else let me know,If I have assisted and you feel satisfied please click accept as this is how I get paid,positive feedback and bonuses are appreciated.Thanks Pete.