Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Have a 2005 Lincoln LS 6 cylinder for the few week there is

Customer Question

Have a 2005 Lincoln LS 6 cylinder for the few week there is a loud knocking noise coming from the engine compartment and it’s also accompany by a lost of accelerations.
Which I find very concerning …would like your opinion before taking in for repairs.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
carguy1 :

HI there! Does the check engine light come on?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No panal light come on
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Ok, a knocking is normally a bad thing. However sometimes it can be a simple issue like the torque converter bolts coming loose or something.It is something that you really need to have checked locally because I can't hear it from here, I think worse case you may have a rod knocking which would require a replacement engine or a rebuild.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

that sounds both good and bad ...how ever one thing i forgot to mention this knocking strarted some time after my son informed me that he had put 87 Octane gas on two occasion and not 93 octane also it sounds like someone knocking on the hood of car

I hope this is helpful

Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
I assume you have corrected this and have since re filled the tank with the higher octane fuel.I suspect the only other likely thing could be some type of carbon issue in one of the cylinders. Also, check the oil level, I suspect it is full but should be looked at.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank for your input ...botXXXXX XXXXXne it need to go in for service,
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Well, it does need to be heard by someone in the know. It is really tough to try and diagnose noises on the internet.
Thanks for the accept!