jan73
jan73, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE certified, 7 years of european high-line car experience
1689875

hi i have fiat ulysse eleganza model and have a depollution

Customer Question

hi i have fiat ulysse eleganza model and have a depollution problem tried every thing i can think of. it orignally had 16valve engine the headgasket went and the garage couldnt get the injectors out so i had to scrap the engine couldnt get another cheap enough so got 8 valve alot cheaper so had it converted to 8 valve booked the car fiat dealers tuesday they put it on their computer and said we cant make out the codes because you have changed the engine i had this depollution problem on the old 16 valve and still on this one all the filters have been changed the egr valve,s ok the cats ok it passed emisions test in mot what else can it be
Category: Car
Expert:  jan73 replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
jan73 :

The cars with the 16V engine and 8V have engine control modules. The proper ECM should also be installed.

jan73 :

Did the wiring harness in the engine compartment fit correctly?

Customer :

yes everything fitted properly the car started up turn of the key it ran ok for 5 days then started cutting out on me every few hundred yards after 1or 2 mins it would start back up took it to local auto electrion he did diagnstics test and told me it was fuel pressure regulator i took the 1of my old 16v engine and put it on and it curedthe cutting out problem it runs really nice except the depollution problem which i had when it had the orignal engine and its still there after the change of engine. if it helps some times it goes when the engine is started and running but when it is turned of and started back up its there again

Customer :

i had this depollution problem when my original engine was in my vehicle but only use to get triggerd when i use to put my foot down or went over 70mph depollution system faulty came on the screen and the engine mangement light would come on,but after turning the engine of and starting it back up it would go and clear the fault. it did it more in wet and damp conditions to my thinking someone told me it could be a temperture sensor thats faulty

jan73 :

What fault code is stored?

Customer :

fault code 104 is stored which relates to egr system but i have had the egr valve and pipes checked theres no leaks. i been told by friend mechanic there is a flueid bottle in the fuel tank that gets low and has to be topped up hes going to have a look on monday

Customer :

can i ask have you come across this depollution problem before

jan73 :

I've dealt with other smog issues, yes. Can you tell me which past of the emissions are excessive (CO, NOX or HC)?

Customer :

dont know got no idea on emissions

Customer :

i was told by the auto electrion there was a few codes that came up but code 104 was the only 1 relating to depollution in is book which refered to egr system which i got checked

Customer :

these are the other codes. p1107=turbulence generat solenoid valve p0403=egr rate of flow feasibility p1138=diesel pressure regulator stop command given but regulator remains active p1112=diesel pressure control p1000=can line conection with body