Problem Solver
Problem Solver, ASE Master Techinician
Experience:  28 Years feild experince in automotive repairs, Driveability Expert, ASE Master Tech.

2006 Chrysler 300 C: Air cond..willnot..( Compresser) 134a checks good

I Have a 2006 Chrysler 300 C My Air cond willnot stay cold , goes on and off( Compresser) 134a checks good. Fred
Category: Car
Expert:  Problem Solver replied 6 years ago.
HI, I have replaced quite a few pressure switches on these 300s due to the same concern. Chrysler also had an update to re flash the ECU, but it was more for poor cooling after long drive times. I have yet to come across one but i have seen a lot of technicians replacing the HVAC control modules for compressor complaints. If there is any other thing i can help you with just ask. Happy motoring.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can I pigtail the wire on the presssure switch and see if comp comes on? Fred

Hi Fred, Yes you can use a paper clip and jump the switch out to see if the compressor stays running or continues to cycle on and off. Be sure not to use anything that could spread the connector open. Any thing else I can help you with let me know. Bill