silva67, Technician
Experience:  25 yrs of exp.

2002 Mazda MPV: it seems to jerk while driving - intermittently.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mazda MPV Van - it seems to "jerk" while driving - intermittently. Could be coming from the transmission?
Category: Car
Expert:  silva67 replied 6 years ago. it the check engine light on? When was the last tune-up done? let me know...thankyou...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, the check engine light is not on. The last tune up would have been at least a year ago. The van seems to "shudder" - it doesn't seem to make a difference how fast it is going and it doesn't do it all of the time
Expert:  silva67 replied 6 years ago.
is it worse when it is raining? I am thinking that your problem is the spark plug many miles on this car?It can only be a miss firing or transmission problem .... but it should turn the check engine light on...unless it only happens 1 or 2 times a week...on the miss firing scenario...let me know what happens with the new wires and spark plugs.....
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hmmm....I don't think it is worse when raining. The van has 75,000 miles on it.

The check engine light has never come on but you are right in that it happens only about once a week or so.

Expert:  silva67 replied 6 years ago.
i think you have a miss firing you should try the plugs and wires ...that transmission is good for more than 75 000 miles.let me know....