Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

1990 88 royale: We dropped the fuel tank..fuel pump..gallons

Customer Question

We dropped the fuel tank on the 1990 88 royale. I am doing a demolition derby. How do we get a fuel pump to pump gas from the marine tank with 4 gallons that I can have since there was an "internal" pump on the tank? My husband found the Live wire that went to the tank but we cant seem to find a pump now..any suggestions?? He also ripped all of the wires out of the car...will this have any effect on the situation..again, we found the live wire that went to the tank and powers on with the ignition. Thanks!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.

Since you can not run the in tank fuel pump, you can use a universal electric pump like the one in the link below. You can wire this to the original gray wire.