hauto, Technician
Experience:  15 year hands on technician experince, associate degree in automotive technologhy

Leaking..No trouble with the gears shifting (yet)..Aamco

My transmission is leaking. No trouble with the gears shifting (yet). I'm bringing my car to Aamco tomorrow to have it fixed. Does a leaking transmission always mean major work has to be done--or can just the leak be fixed?

a transmission leak could be from a line, a gasket, or a seal. the leak can be fixed without major work. have them visually show you the leak area.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would a transmission fluid leak happen if something major was going on? Or would my car be showing other symptoms? Right now my car will "skip" when I put my foot on the gas after a full stop--but it doesn't happen all of the time--just on occasion. Could this just be from low tranny fluid?
a skip is not related to the transmission leak, leak can develop because lines rust and rot, seals and gasket wear, sometimes the pan can also rot out.