david
david, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Certified Master Technician,Certified in diesel & gasoline engines
533087
Car

F150: it keeps unlocking and locking itself, it..batt..jumped

i have a 04 f150... Show More
i have a 04 f150 truck and it keeps unlocking and locking itself, it onley seems to do this at night? it started sat night and sun the batt was dead. i jumped the truck sun and it held a charge but mon morning the batt was dead. i replaced the batt mon it has started this again. when this happens its like someone else has my remote and is arming and unarming the truck. all the lights, headlights, interior come on. i thought it might be the batt on the keyless remotes, maybee if they where going bad it might cause this? i say onley at night because i have a view of the parking lot at work and have not seen this happen..
thanks matt stansbury
Category: Car
replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
david :

Hi thank you for your question hope this helps.

david :

This only happens at your house at night, Or will this happen anywhere at night?

david :

I am thinking if this is only happening at your place some one in your neighborhood has the same key-less entry / alarm, that is on the came channel.

david :

Something to try, go out side and push the panic button or lock unlock button Now look around see if there are any cars trucks are doing this.

david :

This would be a first for I have seen but I have heard of two owners having the same channel remotes meting this way.

david :

Let me know

Customer:

i tried it. i didnt notice anything

Customer:

it has onley happend at my house.do you think it could have anything to do with the keyless remote batt starting to go bad?

david :

OK when you and the truck are ar home and it is doing this, Is the keyless remote closer to the truck?

david :

I am thinking the remote is going bad, when you use the remote do you have to push harder than usual to get the doors to lock unlock.

david :

let me know

Customer:

yes the remote is closer to the truck. and yes i was pushing harder to arm and unarm the truck. i got some batteries

Customer:

for the remote.hopefully this will solve my issue. keep your fingers crossed!

david :

It has to be something related to the remote because will that is all there is left.

david :

hold on something you can try remove the battery from the remote and see if the problem stops.

david :

If it does you know it is the remote. If you need help reprogramming the new one just ask

Customer:

thanks david. ill let you know.

david :

OK