RD
RD, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master 35 years
3087803

3k..which i will pay if i get my money back...any advice

hello i put 10k down on a truck at a Goodfellas motor company...left the lot with the truck on july 12 ..shortly after the truck broke down and the motor company instructed me to bring it to a total performance (shop) which i did .. THE problem is not only did the truck break down ...as of AUGUST 2nd i was denied finaniceing from alaska USA credit union(original fiancing company) for not being able to verify my income.. the 10k i put down i want back ..thought about sueing goodfellas to get my money back however they threatned to sue me for damages done to the truck ..which is about 1-3k (transmission) which i will pay if i get my money back...any advice
Category: Car
Expert:  RD replied 4 years ago.

Hello

Welcome to JA!

Washington law on a used car or truck purchases is as shown

Washington State Used Car Sales Laws

In March, 2010, Washington added extra protection for used car buyers. The buyer who knows the laws for used vehicle sales has the edge in getting a good deal.

State law RCW 62A.2-314 favors warranties in writing but verbal warranties made by the dealer can also be included if provable. Even an as is sale has an implied warranty of merchantability. Washington State's attorney general explains that "the dealer promises the used car will be fit for ordinary driving purposes, reasonably safe, without major defects and of the average quality of similar cars available for sale in the same price range."

Financing

• If financing by the dealer is involved, the contract must be finalized within four working days. If the dealer cannot find financing according to the terms of the contract, he must inform the buyer the deal has fallen through. He must refund the deposit to the buyer, plus title and keys on the trade-in, if any. If the trade-in was already sold, the buyer receives the full cash value of the sale price or the price listed on the contract, whichever is higher.

• Here is the attorney generals office they would be happy to help you

http://www.atg.wa.gov/Default.aspx

Dont let them mess with you the truck should be under warranty if it broke down with in 30 days from the sale

If they dont want to give the 10 g back give the attorney General's office a call they will get the state involved and it wont cost you any thing

Let me know how it goes

RD

RD, ASE Certified Technician
    Experience: Ase Master 35 years