GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Auto Service Tech
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Tapped..factory installed..I need to disconnect the unit but I..wiring

My ex-girlfriend somehow tapped into my 2005 Hummer H2 factory installed GPS unit and I can't go anywhere without her showing up.
I need to disconnect the unit but I have no idea where to find it.
Could you tell me where it's located, what it looks lile and the color wiring it has.
Any additional info would be highly appreciated.

JR
Category: Car
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
GM Tech (Cam) :

Greetings and Welcome to Just answer.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Yo mean her picture shows up/

Customer:

No, She shows up at every store or bar I go to and I know she isn't physically following me. She is some how getting a reading from my GPS unit.

GM Tech (Cam) :

OK,

GM Tech (Cam) :

that makes more sense. We can disconnect the GPS antenna.

Customer:

The antenna does not disable the unit, only refines it's performance. I can still use the GPS with the antenna. THE GPS ITSELF MUST BE DISABLED.

GM Tech (Cam) :

The radio is a real pain to get out, you need to remove the center console and everything to get it out, do you want to unplug the radio power then see if that prevent this?

GM Tech (Cam) :

And the GPS is internal to the unit other than the GPS locator.

GM Tech (Cam) :

The problem is that the GPS does not send out ANY signals. It only recieves signals so I am not sure it is possible to track you that way.

GM Tech (Cam) :

I do have a different thought, do you have an Iphone?

Customer:

No Iphone.

GM Tech (Cam) :

There must be some other tracking device on your vehicle then because the radio does not send out a signal. This could be the Onstar, is that active?

Customer:

No Iphone. I do appreciate your ideas however could you tell me where it's located etc. just in case I decide to do it.

Customer:

Sincerely,

GM Tech (Cam) :

Not Iphone, Onstar, the red, white and blue buttons in the mirror or on the dash?

Customer:

JR

GM Tech (Cam) :

I am trying to help you out so I will tell you where they are. The GPS antenna is under the dash pad on the passengers side and it goes into the back of the radio.

GM Tech (Cam) :

The antenna Onstar uses to track you is the small one above your head on the roof. Lower the headliner a bit and you can unplug that antenna.

Customer:

Are you talking about the antenna on the drivers side roof?

GM Tech (Cam) :

yes

Customer:

What color are the wires? I want to cot them at the unit.

GM Tech (Cam) :

If you sinply unplug the antenna, that diables the tracking ability, and they are the shielded wires in a seperate plug. The onstar module is under the radio. Unplug both connectors into it.

Customer:

Thank you! I assume I'm supposed to push the Accept button to pay you so I will. Goodbye