danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

1994 Dodge spirit: 3.0 v 6 3 speed auto..shifting..qt

I have a 1994 Dodge spirit 3.0 v 6 3 speed auto. Transmission stopped shifting. checked fluid 1 qt. low. I added 1 qt car would not move in drive or reverse. I changed fluid and filter now car goes in gear fine just will not shift, Maybe govoner or pressure problem transmission has 60,000 miles serviced reg. car owned by elderly person never drove fast or hard Thank You
Chat Conversation Started
danny :

Hi this sounds like a torque convertor issue. seems it is not

danny :

Hi this sounds like a torque convertor issue. seems it is not primed or pumping. it may not be a transmission failure needing total rebuild. so I wol take it to qualified trans shop. I would also have you check your speed sensor, and wiring connections to tranny.

danny :

make sure you have enough fluid in there after you fill it and run it it will go down again

danny :

after filter change

Customer :

Does the 3 speed trans have in and out sensors or is it only the 4 speed. This trans has no overdrive

danny :

I am only seeing the output speed sensor

danny :

nope input speed sensor is there also

Customer :

What is the location on the sensor

danny :

oth

so both

so b

danny :

http://www.mediafire.com/?ettnxagn1k4t86d here is a diagram of trannyyou may want to copy short cut and open a new tab

Customer :

is there a pressure switch under the pan

danny :

http://www.mediafire.com/?d9l6httccjvvxvx here is location of some componants.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

Thanks