Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp.
15218643

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue: car the service engine soon light comes

I have a 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue. When I start the car the service engine soon light comes on as well as the traction light. These lights do not turn off. Sometimes, when I stop it sounds like the anti-lock brakes are clicking on. Also, when I start my car there is a loud whining noise for about 30 seconds. What could be the problem?

Hello Sir or Madam. Welcome to justanswer!

The whining noise I'm not sure of because I cant hear it. The ABS problem is either a front wheel speed sensor or the ABS module is bad. Have the front wheel speed sensors tested with a scan tool and go from there.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where can i get that checked at?
Any small shop that has a scan tool can check it quickly.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your help!
You're very welcome and thank you also! Please accept my answer if it was helpful.
Yes, please respond with the info from the shop and Ill give you a much better idea of whats going on. Ask them for the code numbers from the ABS and Engine computer. Post them here...