transman
transman, automotive instructor
Experience:  28 years exp,complete autmotive diagnostics and repair
14457476

I put stop leak in the ac system in my car then charged the

Customer Question

I put stop leak in the ac system in my car then charged the system was working but now compressor tries to click on but shuts right back off..causes car to skip like spark plugs are bad? What could be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  transman replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
transman :

hi, was it do the same before the stop leak

JACUSTOMER-ep0sbeqd- :

no it wasn't

JACUSTOMER-ep0sbeqd- :

it is a 1991 Infinity G20

JACUSTOMER-ep0sbeqd- :

I would turn the compressor on, it would turn on but wouldn't stay on because the freon was low and it had a leak somewhere because I was constanly buyin freon

JACUSTOMER-ep0sbeqd- :

so this evening I bought a can of AC stp leak then charged the system. I put 3 cans of the high milage freon in the system that came with the kit.

transman :

ok, if the freon is low the compressor is going to cycle and this will cause the engine to stumble do to engine load unexpected by the computer and not compensating idle., you need to recharge the a/c system to prevent this from happining .

JACUSTOMER-ep0sbeqd- :

Ok maybe I'm not explainin this right. Before I went an bought everything, the compressor would not come on AT ALL (No Freon). So when I bought the stop leak and as I was putting it in, the compressor jumped on. So, I then continued to put in the 1 of the 3 cans of freon in the system(compressor is still running). After dumping all 3 cans in the system, the car was cool for about 45 mins. Then while sittin at a traffic light, the compressor started to malfunction. Several times the compressor attemped to come on but just clicked and then died out..While goin down the interstate, while trying to come on, the constant clicking of the compressor tryin to jump on was causin the car to skip as if the sprk plugs are bad. Now that I'm home, it just makes a small clicking noise and wont even come back on