Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
Experience:  Tires Plus
10675526

anyone know how to eject a cd from a 2003 Lincoln Aviator

anyone know how to eject a cd from a 2003 Lincoln Aviator? I put a cd that I burned myself. It was working fine until I did this. Now it says Cd error.
Category: Car
Expert:  Your Auto Inspector replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Your Auto Inspector :

Thanks for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you.

Your Auto Inspector :

When you attempt to eject the cd, what does the radio do???

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

The radio works. It says cd error.

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

because i put a mp3 cd in it

Your Auto Inspector :

Did the cd have a stick on cover?

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

no, i made it myself

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

it worked fine until i did this

Your Auto Inspector :

Yes, but some people print out a cd cover sticker that goes on top of the cd with art or writing. This can cause the cd to become stuck in the player.

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

oh, i see. no i just burned it and put it in the cd player

Your Auto Inspector :

It sounds like an internal failure of the feed mechanism in the cd player. Unfortunately this requires removal and disassembly of the cd player.

Your Auto Inspector :

Lincoln does not offer any information about disassembling or reassembling the stereo. When you have an internal problem they replace it.

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

oh, i was told that it was because i put a cd that i made myself and not one from a store that is causeing the problem

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

someone also told me to disconnect the pos and neg terminals and wait 30 minutes and the radio will reset itself. i dont have the radio code to put in if i do this.

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

i also do not want to waist your time. so, if this is bad advise that i was told, please let me know.

Your Auto Inspector :

No, the only thing that should affect the radio is if something thicker was put in, such as a cd with a cover on it. A cd is a standard size. However if the cd is the issue it just wouldnt play and then you would be able to eject it. Now it is possible that the cd is jammed in the player, however the unit must be disassembled.

Your Auto Inspector :

Re-setting the radio will probably not do anything but it is worth a try. However, you will need the security code or you will not be able to turn the radio back on.

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

thats what i thought. i will have to get the code from a dealer in the morning.

Your Auto Inspector :

If you disconnect the battery the radio should automatically eject the cd if the internal mechanism is working properly.

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

only if i have the code, right?

Your Auto Inspector :

However, from what you are describing I believe that you have an internal radio issue and that the burned cd is just a concidence.

Your Auto Inspector :

Yes, because if you dont have the code then the radio will not work at all!!!

JACUSTOMER-mcidflae- :

thanks

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

Thanks for using Just Answer. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Please click on the accept button so that I may be compensated for my answer.