Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Infiniti: AC..recall..the car to the dealership and they..diagnostic

I have an infiniti G 35 2003, a radio controls were lost and AC got stuck at its current setting. I have heard that there is an Audio finisher recall on this. I took the car to the dealership and they told me that there is no recall for this particular part, there diagnostic suggested that i need to replace the radio plus the circuit board both of them cost 1505 CAD dollars plus tax.

Could you please suggest if there is actually a recall and how can i check if my car is eligible. I keep seeing on the net that check INFINITI NET to see if your car is eligible.

Thank you guys for your help in this matter.
Chat Conversation Started
Cardoctor74 : Yes there is a recall on the printed circuit board shorting out . You need to contact Infiniti corperate tomorrow they will help you out.1-800-662-6200 they will work with you either way. You can always get the unit from eBay or a salvage yard if needed but corperate should help.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer:

is there a way that you check if my car qualifies my vin number

Customer:

is JNKCV51E43M309391

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Should be within vin.IMPORTANT :THIS SERVICE CAMPAIGN BULLETIN SUPERCEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN ITB02-52. CAMPAIGN I.D. # :
P3104 APPLIED VEHICLE:
2003 G35 Sedan (V35) APPLIED VINS:
Vehicles built between JNKCV51E*3M000014 - 026621 NOTE :Use Infiniti Net to confirm campaign eligibility.
INTRODUCTION
On some model year 2003 G35 Sedans manufactured through August 21, 2002, the audio and temperature controls may not operate as expected. When using the audio equipment or the temperature controls, the unit may become inoperative. In some cases, this can be corrected by turning the ignition switch off and back on again. In other cases, the unit remains inoperative and requires service by an Infiniti technician. To prevent this condition, Infiniti has initiated a Voluntary Service Campaign to replace the audio finisher circuit board on these vehicles. Use Infiniti Net to confirm if a specific vehicle is affected by this service campaign (P3104).
IDENTIFICATION NUMBER
Nissan has assigned identification number P3104 to this campaign. This number must appear on all communications and documentation of any nature dealing with this campaign.
NUMBER OF VEHICLES POTENTIALLY AFFECTED
The number of vehicles potentially affected is approximately 23,600.
DEALER RESPONSIBILITY
It is the Infiniti dealer's responsibility to check Infiniti Net for the campaign status on each vehicle falling within the range of this Voluntary Service Campaign (P3104) that enters the service department. This includes vehicles purchased from private parties or presented by transient (tourist) owners and vehicles in an Infiniti dealer's inventory.
NOTE : The vehicle may also be affected by the 2003 G35 Sedan Headlamp Adjuster Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign (R2022).
CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE PROCESS
Checking Infiniti Net to determine if the customer's vehicle is affected by the 2003 G35 Audio Finisher Circuit Board Voluntary Service Campaign (P3104) is an important first step. If the vehicle is affected by this campaign, the following steps should be taken to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction with their
Infiniti vehicle:
^ Schedule a mutually agreeable appointment time with the customer. Please allow at least 48 hours between the customer contact and the scheduled appointment. This will provide enough time to ensure the required parts are available at your service location.
^ Inform your customer that the repair will take less than two (2) hours to complete.
^ If the customer requires alternate transportation, use of a loaner vehicle should be offered to the customer, if one is available.
^ As an alternative to a loaner vehicle, you may want to offer to pick up and return the vehicle for your customer or to offer other services to your customer to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Maintaining a strong customer relationship throughout the 2003 G35 Audio Finisher Circuit Board Voluntary Service Campaign is one of the key goals of the Infiniti Division and Nissan North America (NNA). Each and every action taken by you, the servicing dealer, will have a significant impact in the retention of current Infiniti owners as future customers.
Bose system part number 28041-AM813
Non Bose 28041-AM603
Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Should be within vin.IMPORTANT :THIS SERVICE CAMPAIGN BULLETIN SUPERCEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN ITB02-52. CAMPAIGN I.D. # : P3104 APPLIED VEHICLE: 2003 G35 Sedan (V35) APPLIED VINS: Vehicles built between JNKCV51E*3M000014 - 026621 NOTE :Use Infiniti Net to confirm campaign eligibility. INTRODUCTION On some model year 2003 G35 Sedans manufactured through August 21, 2002, the audio and temperature controls may not operate as expected. When using the audio equipment or the temperature controls, the unit may become inoperative. In some cases, this can be corrected by turning the ignition switch off and back on again. In other cases, the unit remains inoperative and requires service by an Infiniti technician. To prevent this condition, Infiniti has initiated a Voluntary Service Campaign to replace the audio finisher circuit board on these vehicles. Use Infiniti Net to confirm if a specific vehicle is affected by this service campaign (P3104). IDENTIFICATION NUMBER Nissan has assigned identification number P3104 to this campaign. This number must appear on all communications and documentation of any nature dealing with this campaign. NUMBER OF VEHICLES POTENTIALLY AFFECTED The number of vehicles potentially affected is approximately 23,600. DEALER RESPONSIBILITY It is the Infiniti dealer's responsibility to check Infiniti Net for the campaign status on each vehicle falling within the range of this Voluntary Service Campaign (P3104) that enters the service department. This includes vehicles purchased from private parties or presented by transient (tourist) owners and vehicles in an Infiniti dealer's inventory. NOTE : The vehicle may also be affected by the 2003 G35 Sedan Headlamp Adjuster Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign (R2022). CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE PROCESS Checking Infiniti Net to determine if the customer's vehicle is affected by the 2003 G35 Audio Finisher Circuit Board Voluntary Service Campaign (P3104) is an important first step. If the vehicle is affected by this campaign, the following steps should be taken to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction with their Infiniti vehicle: ^ Schedule a mutually agreeable appointment time with the customer. Please allow at least 48 hours between the customer contact and the scheduled appointment. This will provide enough time to ensure the required parts are available at your service location. ^ Inform your customer that the repair will take less than two (2) hours to complete. ^ If the customer requires alternate transportation, use of a loaner vehicle should be offered to the customer, if one is available. ^ As an alternative to a loaner vehicle, you may want to offer to pick up and return the vehicle for your customer or to offer other services to your customer to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Maintaining a strong customer relationship throughout the 2003 G35 Audio Finisher Circuit Board Voluntary Service Campaign is one of the key goals of the Infiniti Division and Nissan North America (NNA). Each and every action taken by you, the servicing dealer, will have a significant impact in the retention of current Infiniti owners as future customers.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will give them a call with the mentioned information and see what they say, as i mentioned earlier the dealership declined that there is a recall trying to save a buck.

I will get back to you by tomorrow, in case they throw something else at me
No problem . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi,

Well i called infiniti customer support as advised by you but they said that there is a recall but my Vin is not covered. Tried to convince them but they just wont budge.

So here are the options i am left with. Researching online I have found out that I can buy a Metra Kit for around 150 $ and also I will have to buy an after market radio. Here are the questions that i have now

1. I want the controls on the steering to work with the new metra kit and the new stereo, what do i need to make this new system work
2. When i change the stereo will the original cd player will go to
3. What is the difference between single din and double din and which one is for my Infiniti G 35 2003
4. I am in Canada, GTA to be exact, if i buy the stereo from say Best BUy will they be able to change the stereo, bring back the AC controls and connect it to the stero control, to me that seems unlikely,if they cant do it where should i take the car for installation.

These would be my last set of questions, your response will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks
Ok honestly an aftermarket unit will cause nothing but problems . I have seen it way to many times . Your best option is to get the part here's the part number and have that installed. Here's the part number Bose system part number 28041-AM813 Non Bose 28041-AM603 . It will cost alot less then the aftermarket radio and controls. Plus you will have allot of issues with the heater control panel and steering controls . I would go this route less aggravation and stays factory.Can also get a complete Unit off ebay or a salvage yard cheap.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You already have experience with this so I will go the factory route. The part number that you have mentioned Bose system part number 28041-AM813 where could i get it from, is this the stereo and what other parts do i need to get my ac, audio controls back.

many thanks
Yes seen to many issues.The part is for the circuit board and you can get it from the dealer and have a radio repair shop install it and fix your radio.This will fix all your issues including the a/c controls. Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you car doctor, much appreciated, will i be able to make contact with you once i have closed the thread. In case something pops up