Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.
10772012

89 isuzu trooper: fuel pump is ok but im still not getting fuel

Customer Question

I have a 89 isuzu trooper. the fuel pump is ok but Im still not getting fuel to the carburator
Category: Car
Expert:  Ivan replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Ivan :

Hello and good evening. I'd like you to try something. Disconnect the line from the fuel tank and connect a long hose to the fuel pump in its place. Then insert that hose into a gas can full of fuel. See if you can get it running on that and let me know what happens.

Ivan :

Ivan

Customer:

if i shoot strter fluid in carb it stays running. Im loosing the signal from ignition to fuel pump. I have also put in a new relay switch

Ivan :

Ok, I didn't realize this had a electric fuel pump with a carb, I assumed it was mechanical. I'm going to look at some diagrams and get back to you on what to test

Customer:

ok ill check back thanks

Ivan :

Ok, this vehicle has very limited info so I'm going to hang in as long as I can. Can you make sure you have power on both sides of the fuses 23 and 24. They should both be 20amp fuses. Let me know

Ivan :

Hello, I'm just checking in to see if you still need help.

Customer:

it will be awihle before im back at that car in kansas

Ivan :

Ok, no problem, I just wanted to let you know, I'm still here for you. Let me know when you are ready and we'll try to figure this truck out.