Dino
Dino, Technician
Experience:  have lots of general auto exp in all cars over 24 yeas in this profession
10834442

My car makes a roaring noise when I am driving. It seems to

My car makes a roaring noise when I am driving. It seems to get a little louder when I slow down and when I turn to the left. There also seems to be a slight vibration also as I slow down. Do you think that I need to replace then wheel bearing hub? Could it be the left side only since the noise seems to get louder when I turn left or do both need replacing?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dino replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dino :

hello welcome to the site,

Dino :

this sounds like a wheel bearing yes have you returned to the dealer yet to have this looked at ?

Customer :

no not yet

Dino :

this would only need 1 wheel bearing that is bad. can you pinpoint the side the noise is on ?

Customer :

sounds like the drivers side

Dino :

ok i would start their then since you can make the noise change with this left input.

Customer :

D

Dino :

your still under warrany correct mileage wise

Customer :

how long does it usually take to repair and do u know about how much it should cost?

Dino :

this would be about 1.5 hours of labor plus the parts let me see if my service shows the parts pricing

Customer :

yes i am still under warranty...i was considering paying for it myself cuz they want me to leave it there and i dont have anyone to pick me up

Dino :

they should be able to shuttle you home or ask for a loaner car

Customer :

and i know they will be looking for all other kinds of stuff to repair lol

Dino :

this is a service the factory pays for

Customer :

o ok

Dino :

yes your right their it's part of our job to look for things that can cause you problems down the road

Customer :

o ok well thx...did u recieve the money...it is showing balance

Dino :

when you call to make a apt request a loaner car

Dino :

you have not hit the accept button yet

Customer :

o i see i have to accept

Dino :

please take a moment to leave me some feed back

Customer :

well thank u...very helpful

Dino :

positive feed back is what i strive for

Customer :

ok

Dino :

thank you very much

Customer :

cool

Customer :

bye

Dino :

i enjoy doing this and sharing my knowlege

Customer :

you welcome

Dino :

have a great day

Dino :

Dino

Customer :

u too

Dino, Technician
Experience: have lots of general auto exp in all cars over 24 yeas in this profession
Expert:  Dino replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.