Rover Pro
Rover Pro, Service Advisor
Experience:  15 years automotive experience as a technician, parts pro and currently a Land Rover service advisor
42270465

how do I turn on the air suspension in a 2004 range rover hse

how do I turn on the air suspension in a 2004 range rover hse it says air suspension inactive
Chat Conversation Started
Rover Pro :

Hi there- if the air suspension inactive message is displayed then it means that something is actually wrong with the air suspension and it has disabled itself until whatever it is is repaired.

Rover Pro :

With that message on the vehicle will default to the normal ride height, meaning you will not be able to raise or lower the suspension manually. Do you notice the vehicle leaning or pulling to one side?

Customer:

yes its pulling to the left really bad

Rover Pro :

It sound like you may have a bad left air bag.

Customer:

what do you sugest I do

Rover Pro :

your rover has a bladder type air bag system, one for each wheel that allows the vehicle to raise and lower itself, if one of these gets a hole in it, the rover will lean to one side and/or pull to that side when driving

Customer:

is it exspensive to fix

Rover Pro :

The only thing to do really is to have the air bag replaced. I would expect to pay around $1200 at a dealer, possibly cheaper if you take it to an independent shop but be careful who you take it to, make sure they specialize in Land Rovers because it is such a specialized vehicle. Sorry, I'm sure that's not the news you wanted to hear.

Rover Pro :

And just a word of caution, you figure the airbags are all used at the same time to raise/lower the air suspension so it's not uncommon that once one air bag goes out, that the other side is usually not far behind.

Customer:

lol definitly not but I'm glad I know what the problem is thank you

Rover Pro :

you are very welcome, good luck!

Customer:

I bought the extened coverage do you think this might be covered

Rover Pro :

quite possibly (you are smart for getting that)

Rover Pro :

do you know the name of the warranty and the level of coverage you got?

Customer:

no but I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow

Customer:

once agian thank you

Rover Pro :

if it's a decent warranty company, they should cover it.

Rover Pro :

have a good night.