Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

2002 infinity qx4: just died, no electrical, no power..audio system

my 2002 infinity qx4 just died, no electrical, no power when i put the key on. what do you think happened, battery is new. but my son installed a new audio system.
Chat Conversation Started
carguy1 :

Hi there! Do you have any electrical power at all to the car?

Customer :

none what so ever

carguy1 :

Ok, and I assume there was power prior to the install? I mean this all just happened at the same time right?

Customer :

yes, everything was fine up untill the speaker was installed,

carguy1 :

Ok, I am sending a diagram for the fusible link box. This is a clear top fuse located in it. I have highlighted it. You need to look and see if it is blown. This provides power for the rest of the car off the battery.

carguy1 :

Full Size Image

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Im reviewing diagram now please one moment please

No problem at all
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

my son is reviewing the diagram

ok, it sounds like either the battery has gone dead while hooking up the stereo, or possible he shorted something out and blew the main link.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi there, my son just indicated to me that my car was actually a 2000 model, I bought it in 2002. sooo sorry

LOL, ok. Give me a moment to see if there are any differences. It should still have a fuse and fusible link box and it is still likely going to be a blown main fuse. One moment and I will check to see what I can come up with!
Should be the same setup for the 00 according to my wiring diagrams
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

He is checking all fuses right now, this should be it for now, thanks for all your help.

You are very welcome and thank you for the accept!