Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Firing..cylinder..drove..the check engine light comes on what

Customer Question

my 2006 h3 iss firing took it to the shop and they said it had water in the number 1 cylinder cleaned it out and it drove great now every so often the check engine light comes on what could be my problem? By the way i put fuel ingegtor cleaner it
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

Are you saying that the engine will misfire? Does it actually run rough or is it just the light that comes on?

Was anything replaced to fix this problem?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the engine light comes on in off randomly. onstar says it is something with the sensor in the exhaust something about the emisson control sensor
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

YUP! THat sounds right! DO you happen to know the code number in the computer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no onstar didn't say. Is this a problem that will fix itself?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
Usually not... If the check engine light is on, then there is a emissions code in the computer. THis is caused by an emissions failure on the engine. SOmetimes it will go away or start working again for some time, however usually this is the start of something pr some sensor or part going bad.