transman
transman, automotive instructor
Experience:  28 years exp,complete autmotive diagnostics and repair
14457476

cadillac cts: coolant..ac and put car..next morning..antifreeze to top

I have a cadillac cts 2006 the warning light came on to check coolant and a few minutes later the warning said to turn off ac and put car in idle mode. I did that and turned the engine off the next morning I bought some antifreeze to top up & as I was putting it in it started coming out over the overflow as a milky solution what could thi be. I checked the oil & it looks fine.
Category: Car
Expert:  transman replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
transman :

hi, this milky content can be transmission fluid or engine oil, is the engine running good? does the reserve bottle boils over?

Customer:

The engine is running good, I did not see any sign of the reserve bottle boiling over. only when I had the top off and was topping up antifreeze it came out milky.

transman :

this problem sounds like head gasckets, the reason why it overshoots with cap off is because of compresion leaking in to the engine water jackets, let me look up data line for TSB bulletings and see what i find, give me 3 minutes.

transman :

is it a 6 cylinders or an 8 cyl.

Customer:

6 cylinder

transman :

hi, are you still needing help?