jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

Saab: door panel..engine compartment..radiator low speed..headlights

i had removed the door panel on my Saab 9-5 to work on the window mechanism.

Later when I tried to start the car, the dash and instruments flickered. I could hear a relay operating furiously behind the dash and under the bonnet.

The dash now sometimes runs through the test routine and then says it is OK but the engine won't trun over and the dash goes completely blank.

I have had to remove relays in the engine compartment as they are continuously running. My owners handbook says these control the radiator low speed (Relay 8) and Dipped headlights (Relay 15).

Can I reset the system?
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
jeffrey590 :

Hello...My name is XXXXX XXXXX there??

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. I am here. Donagh
Greetings JACUSTOMER-1rfawes9, Your problem is a simple one...your battery is low from draining down during your repairs...heres how to proceed...disconnect the negative battery cable...put a battery charger on the battery (red to positive___Black to negative)...charge battery on medium for about an hour or so...disconnect charger and reinstall negative should fire right up...You can also try jumping it from either another vehicle or a battery jumper pack...Just realize you may have damaged the battery running it down so low and may need to replace it if it wont hold a charge...This is a very common problem due to the huge draw from all the vehicle electronics...If I can further assist you please let me know...jeffrey590