Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I remove passenger side rear seat inner door panel...window motor

Customer Question

How do I remove passenger side rear seat inner door panel. I need to rplace the window motor?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will post the procedure for replacement below.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.

Part 1 Of 2

Part 2 Of 2

Rear Door Trim Panel and Associated Parts

Removal

1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.

1. Remove the regulator handle(1).
    • Pull the hook(2) out and remove the regulator handle.

1. Remove the power window switch.
    • Remove the one screw and pry the power window switch out and disconnect the switch connector.

CAUTION: Take care not to apply excessive force on the inside handle link, lest this link be elongated, which could make it impossible to operate the door with the inside handle.

1. Remove the door trim panel.
    • Remove two fixing screws to take off eight clips from the door panel.
    • Unplug the courtesy light connector to lift the trim panel and unlock the engagement of the waist seal section, then pass the inside lever through the mounting hole of the trim panel, and detach the trim panel.
  1. Remove the inside handle.

Installation
To install, follow the removal steps in the reverse order.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The diagram showing door panel removal,only shows the 8 clamps. Where are the 2 screws mentioned located?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
they should be at the bottom of the panel, but i dont remember there being any screws in this, it may be a misprint,all the ones i have done do not have screws, just the clips,tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do i get the clips off. Atthe bottom I can just pop the panel loose, but the points seem quite firm.....Also one step says to remove the screw in the window switch aqnd pry it out. I have no screws in the switch.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
my diagrams must be wrong then, I will opt out and see if another expert has the correct ones,Tim