Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

1997 mazda 626: car turns..I put the car in drive the car wont move

Customer Question

I have a 1997 mazda 626, when I start the car turns on engine, lights ect..., but when I put the car in drive the car won't move at all what is the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Greg :

Hi will the car work in reverse

Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no I can place the car in drive, reverse neutral ect.. while the car is running but the car will not move.
Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Have you check the transmission fluid

When the vehicle is stopped on a flat, level road and the engine is off, does the vehicle move when pushed? (in D range or N, R positions with the brake pedal released)

Edited by Greg on 8/2/2010 at 2:50 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the transmission fluid was low, but I had so put in there but the car is still not moving...

Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Did you try what a said above .

this we need to know.

Regards Greg
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes the vehicle moved, but if it didn't what would be wrong?
Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Hi

Did you try to push the car when in D, N, R. if you can push it with out any problem then you will have to take your car to a good tranny shop so they can Inspect LPS PID value using the WDS or equivalent.
Could be just a earthing problem at the PCM or you will need to Overhaul the control valve body and repair or replace any malfunctioning parts.

Need further assistance please let me know.
regards Greg