CTCARTECH
CTCARTECH, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford Factory Trained, Kia Factory Trained, ASE Certified
9926638

1995 infiniti g20: AN altenator was replaced and car ran OK

Customer Question

Hi; I have a friend who owns a 1995 infiniti g20. It has 187000 miles. AN altenator was replaced and car ran OK. He loaned the car to a friend who drove 200 miles and said car overheated and quit running. Could not pay tow bill so junked the car for towing bill. Does this sound fishy or am i just over reacting.This car is very clean for a 19995.
George from St Louis MO.
Category: Car
Expert:  CTCARTECH replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
CTCARTECH :

Hello, It is hard to say if the motor is junk without acutally running some tests on it. Overheating a car can eventually ruin the motor so it is possible. I would have had the car looked at myself before making the decision to junk the car especially if the vehicle were not mine and without talking to the owner. It does sound somewhat fishy to me also.

Customer :

Hope i can find more info from junk yard tomorrow and pass info to you for some idea of replacement cost. Person is on a limited income and thought transportation was going to be a reasonable cost----wrong.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello; I am interested in cost of replacement of this car or is junk the answer?
Expert:  CTCARTECH replied 6 years ago.
If the vehicle were running the value of the car can range from $750-1500. You would probably have to spend 400-600 on a used motor for the vehicle plus time to install it.