carguyjosh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. in professional shop,,ASE auto technician,service on all makes and models

2000 Mazda MPV: liter engine..spark plugs and wires..cylinders..van

I have a 2000 Mazda MPV, 6 cylinder, 2.5 liter engine. I am installing spark plugs and wires and need to know how the cylinders are numbered. ( For example If you are facing the front of the van, there are 3 front cylinders and behind them are three additional cylinders. What is their numbering pattern? The "engine familly" is YTKXT02.52BA.
Thank you for any assistance.
Chat Conversation Started
carguyjosh :

Good evening.

carguyjosh :

Here is the firing order for your engine

Full Size Image

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

Please let me know if I can assist any further...

Thanks, Josh

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Josh, this is exactly what I needed. I will now click accept. Any thoughts on what else may be making it run rough if this does not work?

There are plenty of possibilities but you want to start with the basics first. I would also replace the fuel and air filter and run a bottle of injector cleaner through the system...

Thanks, Josh