Real World Tech
Real World Tech, ASE Master Auto Technician
Experience:  12 years experience, specializing in performance, electrical, and transmission diagnostics.

92 Ford Thunderbird: the spring locking connector to snap..rim

I'm trying to reconnect an A/C line on my 92 Ford Thunderbird. I'm reconnecting a new fluid line to the evaporator and I can't get the spring locking connector to snap into place. The line pushes in but the spring seems to be butting against the rim of the evaporator tube instead of expanding around the flange. Any sugggestions? I'm stuck!

You need to check the evaporator tube to make sure it is not out-of-round on the inside of the line or the outside.

Make sure there are no burrs on the flange and if there are, you will need to gently file the burr off.

Be sure to lubricate the o-rings with compressor oil that are on the new line, and that they are the correct size.

Sometimes, I will use the open end of a wrench to wrap around the line while i gently tap it on. Be careful not to damage the evaporator core.

Good Luck!