hauto
hauto, Technician
Experience:  15 year hands on technician experince, associate degree in automotive technologhy
24868125

2003 Kia Sorento: crankshaft position sensor..It dies..10 minutes

Where is the crankshaft position sensor on a 2003 Kia Sorento. It dies or almost dies. Sometimes it restarts and sometime it takes about 10 minutes before it will. The check engine light is on and the only code that makes any since is for the CP Sensor
Chat Conversation Started
hauto :

I have replaced those sesnors for the same reason, the sesnor is in a bad spot next to the crank shaft sprocket this is a big job when you do this I would recommend replacing the timing belt since your there and save your self lots of money. see below

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
The crankshaft position sensor is a Hall-effect sensor that senses the crank angle (piston position) of each cylinder and converts it into a pulse signal. Based on the input signal, the ECU computes the engine speed and controls the fuel injection timing and ignition timing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DO YOU HAVE TO MOVE THE BELTS AND HOSES TO GET TO THE SENSOR?
yes everything has to come out of the way. this a 6hr job.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DO
i am sorry I didn't get that. are you asking me something.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DO THE TIMING BELT PULLEYS NEED TO BE REMOVED TO?
no, not at all.