hauto
hauto, Technician
Experience:  15 year hands on technician experince, associate degree in automotive technologhy
24868125

Grand Vitara: it is a V6 4WD with Automatic transmission T he..4L

Customer Question

I have been given a Grand Vitara to drive it is a V6 4WD with Automatic transmission T he control panel has 4 settings N- 4H and 4H Lock - 4L Locled which setting is best for driving on the Express ways?
Category: Car
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
hauto :

in the summer time and any other time the pavment is dry you drive in 2H. when the pavment is covered with snow then use 4H, Never use 4L.

Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2 H is not an option.

Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.
see the diagram below. one of the pictures should reflect your system, if you see 4 wheels engaged on the cluster then your in four wheel drive, if you see no axle digram, or just 2 wheels, then your inXXXXX allXXXXXvehicles have aXXXXXoptions
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I didn't receive your diagram and I assume the N = 2H but why the warning light?
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Why the warning light?
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.
to tell you what position your transfer case is in.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will the warning Light go off if not it doesn't sound like it should be in the N position.
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.

the vehicle doesn't move in the neutral position. the transfer case has to be engaged for the vehicle to move. either in 2wd, or 4wd option.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I guess we are done the car does move in the N position sorry I can't accept your answers because I don't think you are familar with this vechicle.

Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.
thanks for using me, the vehicle doesn't move in neutral, if the transfer case is in neutral the car will move, I tried genuinely helping you, got all the information you need and that is fine. Do not accept enjoy your car. GOOD LUCK