Mechanic next door
Mechanic next door, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master with 16 ASE certifications and 20+ years of exsperiance.
22475264

2008 mazda: It was no longer cooling and none of the dash lights were

I have a 2008 mazda cx-9. I just shut off the car, and the a/c fan continued to run for about a minute before shutting off. It was no longer cooling and none of the dash lights were on. We are supposed to be leaving on driving trip tomorrow. Could use some advise.
Don't worry it is supposed to do that and can run up to 5 minutes before shutting off, its controlled by the cars computer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have had the car for almost three years. It has never done this before. It was not exceptionally warm today or any other unique conditions. Why would it suddenly start doing this? Do you believe it could indicate a problem with the cars computer or simply a condition that will self correct itself. Thanks..
I believe it's a condition the will self correct. Might want to look at the front of the radiator and make sure a plastic bag hasn't gotten in there blocking air flow. If you have over 60,000 miles might want to consider a coolant flush. But I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a trip in the morning.