Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

2004 lincoln navigator: they replaced spark plugs and coils

I have a 2004 lincoln navigator that I have had less than 2 months. Milage is 71000 and since my purchase I have noticed a pump like noise that is kicking on and off more frequently. I have also just had to take it back due to a missing out in my engine and they replaced spark plugs and coils. While in the shop I had them check the noise I was hearing and they told me it is normal and has to do with the air ride system (i think that is what they called it). Not too happy with that answer as I am afraid it is a compressor or something and why is it kicking on and off more now than my first month of owning it?? Thought i would try this as my time is limited due to work and they had it all last week. They did not close my ticket yet as they had to order a a engine splash gaurd and I will be taking it back and hoped to have a little advice from a lincoln tech.

I did buy it from a large dealership in our area. It also tdoes this sound with air on and air off. When I first turn it on sometimes and other random times like idling at lights or drive throughs????

Any thoughts on this and thanks for your time!!
Kim
Category: Car
Expert:  Daryl replied 4 years ago.

It does sound like the air ride system, the compressor on these run on occasion (maybe 3-4 time a day depending on how its driven) but if it is running more than that there must be a leak in the system causing the compressor to come on more often. The leak can be very difficult to find sometimes but if there is a leak it can be found.

Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience: 28 years experience, Master Mechanic