SUPRYZE
SUPRYZE, Technician/Shop Foreman
Experience:  GM & Saab Certified, ASE Master Technician
6758627

Service stability System light come on a couple of times when im

I have a Service stability System light come on a couple of times when i'm out driving locally.
Category: Car
Expert:  SUPRYZE replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
SUPRYZE :

Hello! When you went to the dealership, did they give you can kind of fault code, or description of the possible fault?

Customer:

No nothing, he didn't think it was a big deal

SUPRYZE :

Without knowing what code set, its hard for me to give any kind of advice.

SUPRYZE :

Whats common with these cars, is the steering wheel position sensor

SUPRYZE :

Any time the stability light is on, the stability system is disabled.

Customer:

would I find the code set in the car manual?

SUPRYZE :

No, nothing in the manual will help. If you have the invoice from when you brought it in for service, perhaps they put it in the invoice? What all was said about the light?

Customer:

Nothing he didn' think it was a big deal. Nothing was printed on the invoice it was all verbal.

SUPRYZE :

I guess its a matter of wether or not YOU think its a big deal! Like I stated, as long as the light is on, the stability system is disabled. Obviously, there is a fault in the system which is causing this message to come on, its now a matter of having the fault codes read out, to determine which part of the sytsem is at fault.

SUPRYZE :

I hope you didn't pay for the dealer to tell you it "wasn't a big deal".

SUPRYZE :

If you want the system fixed, I would return back to the dealership and have it diagnosed.

Customer:

O k Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I'll have to take it in and insist on an answer.

SUPRYZE :

Unfortunately, without even a fault code, I have nothing to work with.

Customer:

Thanks for your time. Hasve a good day.

SUPRYZE :

Stabilitrack is an option you paid for, when you bought the car, and its your desicion whether or not, its a "big deal"! If you want it fixed, it is their duty as a service provider, to check it out and give you the option to fix it or not.

SUPRYZE :

I hope I have helped. Have a good day.

SUPRYZE, Technician/Shop Foreman
Experience: GM & Saab Certified, ASE Master Technician