Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

Fire not going to starter sonoild wire .

Customer Question

fire not going to starter sonoild wire .new starter and new swicth 1992 nissan sentra,
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Hamman :

Is this an automatic transmission.

Customer:

yes

Dr. Hamman :

If it is an automatic transmission the neutral safety switch could be bad. If it was mine I would get an electrical schematic, and start checking out the wire that takes power to the starter to trigger it into action. Odds are your problem is a wire that is broken, or a bad connection. If this is the case you will have to trace or bypass the the wire from the ignition switch that triggers the starter.

Customer:

do you have digram of the wires from the switch to the starter

Dr. Hamman :

I will see if I have one I can post.

Dr. Hamman :

I have it, and I also found there is an additional relay that might be the problem. I cant post some material because of the laws, but I still found a way to help. Check out this link HERE, it should help get your starter working again.