Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

1990 cavalier: chevy..poured..intothrottle body, runs good oncestarted

2.2 chevy 1990 cavalier will only
start when gas is poured into
throttle body, runs good once

this sounds as if the ignition module may be bad,,i have seen these do this,,,the starter is pulling too many amps away from the icm when you are trying to start it,thus,causing you to loose injector pulse when the starter is turning..the icm is located under the coils

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP