Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

Cold.just had full service new plugs filters ect but was

my 2cv6 has a problem starting when hot no problem when cold.just had full service new plugs filters ect but was just as bad when hot before service
Chat Conversation Started
350Matt :

I'd 1st check that you're getting full power to the coil and be prepared to replace the coil as they're known for being a bit of a consumable on these cars.

also check that you're getting fuel up to the carb as if it won’t start until it’s been cranked for ‘ever’, then the problem is probably caused by worn non return valves in the fuel pump, there is no repair option – just renew the pump.

just had new fuel pump so will replace coil is there anyway off checking output on coil