Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division
1699649

all gm cars that have the 3.5 v6 engine in it

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.
what is the question you are asking
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i need to no all the cars gm put this motor in from the year 2000 to 2008
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.
i will have to open this for other techs please don't reply until someone else replys so the question does lock them out
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how long will this take
Expert:  Roadside Jerry replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer here is the information you asked for on the GM 3.5 V6 engine.

LX9

The LX9 3500 is an OHV engine based on the 3400 V6. It incorporates electronic throttle control. Bore is 94 mm (3.7 in), stroke is 84 mm (3.3 in) for a displacement of 3498 cc (213 cu in). A GM Press Release for the 2004 Malibu described the 3500 thus: "3.5-liter V-6, will debut in the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu. The engine offers improved performance and fuel efficiency, and runs smoother and quieter than earlier generation V-6 engines. The 3500 V-6 features an advanced powertrain control module, improved fuel injection system, a redesigned exhaust manifold and a new catalytic converter contribute to reduced emissions, as well as improved efficiency and performance characteristics. Improvements in cooling, sealing and the accessory drive system add to the engine's overall quality, reliability and durability." Power output ranges from 196 hp (146 kW) to 201 hp (150 kW), torque ranges from 213 lb·ft (289 N·m) to 221 lb·ft (300 N·m).

It was used in the following vehicles and model years:

[edit] LZ4

The LZ4 3500 is an OHV engine based on the 3.9 L LZ9 V6. It was introduced for the 2006 model year in the Chevrolet Impala and Monte Carlo. It includes continuously variable cam timing (fixed overlap). It has a cast iron block and aluminum heads. Output is 211 hp (156.5 kW) at 5800 rpm and 214 ft·lbf (298 N·m) at 4000 rpm. Bore is 99 mm (3.9 in), stroke is 76 mm (3.0 in) for a displacement of 3510 cc. Horsepower rating changed for the 2007 model year to Horsepower: 224 at 5800 rpm and Torque: 220 at 4000 rpm. The Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac G6, and Saturn Aura became equipped with this engine for 2007 (previously the Malibu and G6 had the non-VVT 201 hp (150 kW) 3.5 L LX9). In 2008 SAE ratings dropped the horsepower ratings to 219, keeping torque as is. On Pontiac G6 convertible models, horsepower was rated at 217.

Applications:

Note: GM often refers to this engine in its literature as a "3.5L V6 with Variable Valve Timing".

[edit] LZE

The LZE 3500 is an OHV flexible fuel engine based on the 3.9 L LZ9 V6 (it can use either plain gasoline or 85% Ethanol, E85) and includes continuously variable cam timing (fixed overlap). It has a cast iron block and aluminum heads. Bore is 99 mm (3.9 in), stroke is 76 mm (3.0 in) for a displacement of 3510 cc (214 cu in). Output is 211 hp (156.5 kW) at 5800 rpm and 214 lb·ft (290 N·m) at 4000 rpm.

Output for model year 2007 is upped to 224 hp (167 kW) at 5800 rpm and torque of 220 lb·ft (298 N·m) at 4000 rpm.

Applications:

These engines should not be confused with the LX5 "Shortstar" DOHC V6 used in the Oldsmobile Intrigue from 1999-2002, which also displaced 3.5 L.