JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

1994 740il: The heater/ac blower is not working..fuses..blow..loud

The heater/ac blower is not working at all in my 1994 740il BMW. I have checked all the fuses and all are in good condition. I was having problems in the past where it would not blow very well and at time make a loud squelling sound. If I have to replace the motor or the fans how do i do it?
The heater fan is located behind the glove box. You will have to take the glove box out and access the motor from the bottom.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The heater and AC fan are the same right? anything special I need to know in replacing the motor? how do remove the the glove box?
The heater and A/C fan are the same. You open the glove box and there will be pins and fasteners at the hinges. Remove those, it's not that difficult.
jan73, Auto Service Technician
Experience: ASE certified, 7 years of european high-line car experience
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have removed the glove box and everything behind it I do not see the fan or the motor. Again this is a 1994 740il. I see two things that look like motors mounted in the back left hand side and one on the front left hand side but neither of which look like the blower motor on dartauto.com

Blower motor under wiper cowling

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3swyt-i-removed-the-glove-compartment-of-my-94-bmw-740il-as-i-was

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry I didnt mean to hot accept is there a way I ga back to give you some awesome feed back?
I will keep your question open. You can get back to me anytime answering any e-mail sent to you related to this question or by logging into your JA account.

I sent you the form for feedback.

Have a great day.

There is also a cabin air filter you may want to change on the passengerside of the center console under the lower trim panel.
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner