EMRSR
EMRSR, Certified Service Manager
Experience:  30 years dealership experience

How long (labor hours) would it take to install a Ambient Air

Customer Question

How long (labor hours) would it take to install a Ambient Air Temperature Sensor motorcraft part number 6E5Z19C734BA in a Mercury Milan? 1.5 hrs
How long (labor hours) would it take to install a Ambient Air Temp sensor motorcraft part number 6E5Z19C734AA in a Mercury Milan? 6 hrs Only take the front bumper off. Which bumper ? Therefore No front dash panel is remove to installed this sensor. If sensor is not working will this turn off the compressor?
Category: Car
Expert:  JacobTD replied 4 years ago.
i will look that up. one min please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK
Expert:  JacobTD replied 4 years ago.
graphic

Edited by JacobTD on 7/17/2010 at 1:50 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
dont understand answer, is it 6 hours and 1.5 hour of labor for each part to be install on a merucry milan
Expert:  JacobTD replied 4 years ago.
.6 hours. For example .5 would be 1/2 an hour or 30 mins.
.6 is about 30-40 mins to change this sensor.
there is only one sensor, the different part number is XXXXX the 2 different motors they used in that year.
JacobTD, Mechanic
Experience: 12 Years First hand
Expert:  JacobTD replied 4 years ago.
this is what it involves. graphic
JacobTD, Mechanic
Experience: 12 Years First hand
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do you install the motorcraft part number 6E5Z19C734AA in a Mercury Milan?
Expert:  JacobTD replied 4 years ago.
Just as the above picture shows. removing bumper is a pretty tricky task and its really easy to brake the plastic clips, and they are hard to find and very spendy. REC letting a shop do this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
So for motorcraft part number Ambient Air Temperature Sensor motorcraft part number 6E5Z19C734BA you do not pull off the front dash panel of my car from the inside. You go through the front Bumper and then remove the part and reinstall the new part. The service department at ford said it would take 6 hour, 3 to take out the front dash and 3 hour to put back the front dash.
Expert:  EMRSR replied 4 years ago.

This is the in cabin ambient temperature sensor, the base part number 19C734 is inside the car, and is not accessed by pulling the front bumper cover. It is at the instrument cluster.

graphicgraphicgraphic

EMRSR, Certified Service Manager
Experience: 30 years dealership experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will this senor turn off the compressor if it stops working
Expert:  EMRSR replied 4 years ago.
Absolutely, if it sends the wrong signal that the cabin has reached the desired temperature, it will turn off the compressor.
EMRSR, Certified Service Manager