George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

1994 Isuzu trooper: I remove the crankshaft pulley nut..dohc

Customer Question

How do I remove the crankshaft pulley nut from my 1994 Isuzu Trooper 3.2L DOHC interference engine
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

There is a special tool to hold the pulley while you loosen and tighten the bolt but it is $250 so maybe another way can be used. If you hold the flywheel the crankbolt can be loosened but be careful you don't want to chip a tooth on the gear.

Remove the starter and wedge the ring gear then loosen the crank bolt, the pulley can be walked off the crank with two screwdrivers once the bolt is removed

Let me know what I can do to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
None, but the puller to get the pulley off was $16.99. In order to get the pulley bolt out requires an impact wrench (auto zone told me when I went to get a part).
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

An impact would be nice but do you have air available and can you get the impact to the head of the bolt?