Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2007 Lancer ES: ABS..dashboard..driven..power steering .Pls help

Customer Question

Hi , I have a later 2007 Lancer ES and have currently developed critical problems with the car .. the ABS and 'send servicing alert' comes on the dashboard screen and I'm unable to shift the automatic gearshift out of the 'PARK' mode after trying to move off a downslope.

I'd used the key to press the dearshift locking mechanism disengage from 'Parkmode',but realised that Powersteering is not availlable , transmission stays on low gear, airconditioning is and other electronics is not functional. Car can be driven although very difficult without power steering .

Pls help ...urgerntly ..
Category: Car
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Do you know the code stored?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HI Cardoctor , No ... just that the 'check servicing' and alarms that are prompted on the information panel ..

Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Ok have you tried to disconnect the battery and see if it resets? Also how many miles on the car ? Do you also have brake lights when stepping on the brakes?