Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Ase Master 20+ Years Experience Foreign and Domestic
28939717

I have a 1999 Oldsmobile intrigue GLS. The A/C blows hot air

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Oldsmobile intrigue GLS. The A/C blows hot air on the drivers side and cold on the passenger side. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

the Temperature Door Actuator is the most likely the cause

you can swap the actuators from driver side to passenger side to verify the problem is with the actuator

click here for more information

click here for the location of the actuators

let me know what you find and if you need more help

thanks

Paul

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll check that out and get back to you.

ok let me know how you make out

Paul

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yea, I called a mechanic there's a heat wave here but its usually not that hot where I live. If it works out I'll definitely pay you, its just that I don't want to pay an arm and a leg to get this problem fixed, thanks

the Temp Door Actuator is the most common cause

you can have it verified by swapping the 2 before buying the new part

thanks

Paul

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't have access to diagnosis tools and everything. I'm bringing it in next Wednesday.

ok. I am not sure how long the question will remain open

if you click accept I will get credit for my answer

and if you have any problems you can always come back and contact me through this question.

the questions do time out after a couple days

but we can continue to communicate through this question

Paul

Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience: Ase Master 20+ Years Experience Foreign and Domestic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If thats not the problem do you know what else it could be?

there really is nothing else unless there is a problem with the Door physically being stuck or a problem with the wiring harness .. which is not likely

the labor to change the actuator is just a half hour

Paul