SUPRYZE
SUPRYZE, Technician/Shop Foreman
Experience:  GM & Saab Certified, ASE Master Technician
6758627

GM: decode..the inside of the glove box door.Does anyone know

I am looking for a reference to decode the GM "service parts identification" placard on the inside of the glove box door.

Does anyone know of a web site or other reference for this?

Thank you!
Hello! Depending on the year, I may be able to decode all of your options just from your VIN. What is the year make and model of the vehicle in question? This will help to be better assist you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Currently, I don't have the vehicle or the VIN with me. It would be very nice to have a web site or other resource for future reference.

No problem, just trying to give as much assistance as possible.

Here is a website to check out: http://www.rpocodes.com/

Ignore the advertisements in the middle, just use the list on the left hand side. So for example, if you want to decode G80, click on the link "RPO Codes G through M"

Take note that some codes have several meanings (LG4 is a 5.0 gas engine and a diesel) so you kinda have to see what the code says compared to what you have. Also, due to "packages" and internal options, some codes do not have a meaning and will not be listed. Even when we pull options up through the dealer site, some codes descriptions are blank because they do not correspond to any serviceable component.