PAVLIN
PAVLIN, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS HANDS ON TRUCKS AND CARS/EMISSION INSPECTOR LICENCE
41577536

2007 Mazda: tires..tranny..cylinders..the noise is due to timing belt

About when should the EGR valve be replaced?

My car is a 2007 Mazda CX7 with 74235 miles on it since purchase...I'm the original owner....since I've bought it I've had the "Fuel System Cleaned"chemically clean intake system and combustion chamber chemically clean throttle body, throttle plate and air intake bore due to the throttle actuator control sensor turning on...

Then in 01/2010 I had to replace the Turbo

In April I had to replace all 4 tires (I do drive a lot - but the car is also well maintenance or so I thought)

Now, 06/2010 the car began to sound like a Harley and on 6/27 the engine light went on and the noise turned off...my mechanic said it may be a "tranny problem due to shift not properly working unless in manual mode" but Mazda states its the EGR valve causing my car to run on 3 instead of 4 cylinders and the noise is due to timing belt stretched to max...

Second question: why wouldn't this be noticeable earlier this year.....
Hi, Go to different shop and get second opinion. Something does not sound wright