Mauricio
Mauricio, Technician
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models
12133139

1997 626 LX: automatic transmission..slip..adjustment..goes bad

Customer Question

I have a mazda 1997 626 LX with a lot of miles 179000. It appears the automatic transmission is starting to slip just recently in second and third. Is it possible to have a minor transmission adjustment for a minimal amount of money before the entire thing goes bad? Thanks for your replies. What should I do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mauricio replied 6 years ago.

Hello

This transmission doesn't have any adjustments, you can try Lucas transmission treatment, sound like your transmission has an internal failure.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will certainly try the Lucas treatment. The vehicle is in very good shape otherwise. Should I opt for a used or rebulit transmission is their any ballpark as to what the transmission and labor should roughly cost or barring that the approximate number of hours to install. Thanks.
Expert:  Mauricio replied 6 years ago.

If was my car I'll use an used transmission for cost affect,you looking around $500 labor and 5 hours of labor, an used transmission should go for around $400 , check out this website car-parts.com.

Edited by Mauricio on 7/2/2010 at 2:04 AM EST