Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

need turnelight wireing diagram for 1978 88

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
JAMIE :

DO you have a 78 or a 89 olds?

Customer:

i think so it has tilte and telascopic let try the 89 olds

JAMIE :

I can do that. please hold on as I get the diagram ready for you.

JAMIE :

What size engine do you have in the car? What is the 8th and 10th vin digit. WIth this info I can make sure to give you the correct diagram.

Customer:

i dont no that i got the colem at swap meet

JAMIE :

SO you just need to know what the color wires for the turn switch do correct?

JAMIE :

How long is the column?

Customer:

yes thank you

JAMIE :

How long is the steering column?

Customer:

28 in. from the floor to the botom of the stering weel

JAMIE :

Thank you. Are you sure it is out of an olds and not a cadi?

Customer:

et hase the olds emblum on it

JAMIE :

ok. Let me see what I can do for you. brb

JAMIE :

while I am looking up the info can you post the color of the wires on the plug at the base of the column for the switch please?

Customer:

left to right yellow/ green/ yellow/ purple/ black/ blue/ blue /black/ pink or red I am unsure/ black/ gray with black stripe/ gray/ brown. good luck

JAMIE :

Does the steering wheel have an air bag in it?

Customer:

no it dont

JAMIE :

then it is earlyer then a 89 more like a 80 or older.

Customer:

ok lets try that

JAMIE :

So there are 13 wires in the plug correct? does it have the wiper controll switch on the end of the turn signal arm and or the cruze control?

Customer:

no i think 3 go to demer swt nocruze or wiper

Customer:

no just dimmer and turn light

JAMIE :

Are there any radio or cruze control buttons on the steering wheel?

Customer:

no just the horn

JAMIE :

is there a white wire at the plug?

Customer:

ok sorry about that the 1st one es white it look like only the ferast 10 are used dose that work

JAMIE :

That makes thing better.

JAMIE :

so the first wire is not yellow it is white correct?

Customer:

yes sir

JAMIE :

I will post a diagram of the turn signal switch for a 85 olds. You have more wires then the switch shows but remeber there is the horn and the hazard switch that I have to look up.

Customer:

that is ok